Beginning Beekeeping Workshop, $35 per person
March 18 AT MAGNOLIA PLANTATION
Special Workshop in the Conservatory at Magnolia Plantation, 3550 Ashley River Road, Charleston 29414
Have you thought about keeping bees?
Learn about the life of the honey bee, equipment options and what is inside
those boxes, and how to get started with your own bees. No special equipment is
required for this class.
The workshop includes
- beekeeping basics: history of the honey bee, the life of the honey bee, and
how beekeeping works
- how to choose a site for your hive
- common experiences of first-year-beekeepers
- hands-on examination of the parts of a hive
- logistics for getting started, and how to prepare for your own hive
- observation hive inspection and brief apiary visit, weather permitting
- information about beekeeping supplies, suppliers, and organizations
- reference materials
- plenty of time for all your questions
- honey tasting and refreshments
Blue Pearl Farms workshops focus on participatory and hands on experiences, with lots of time for you to ask questions about beekeeping and bees.
Cancellation policy: If we receive your cancellation up to 7 days before the
class, the cost is refunded in full less a $5 administrative fee. If you wish
to transfer your seat to someone, we are happy to work with you and ask you to
get in touch for details. Otherwise, the registration is nonrefundable.
Blue Pearl Farms offers workshops on a variety of topics throughout the farm
year. For more information please visit our website at http://bluepearlfarms.com